This 60 minute session is dedicated to first venting our frustrations then spending 30 minutes on focus time, which allows us to maximize our study time to reach our Hot Code Summer goals. At the end, if you feel comfortable, share it with the group to receive help and/or feedback.
Join via Google Meets here: meet.google.com/ava-vmbk-qvh
How a session works
- Join the event five minutes before the start time
- Introductions – meet your peers and briefly describe what you're working on this week and what you may feel frustrated about or need help with
- Focus time – this is individual focus time
- Help - share what you've worked on during the session to receive help and/or feedback
- Wrap up and say goodbye
Tips for a productive session
Come prepared to the session with what you’ll be working on. You'll get the chance to share it with the group!
- Examples: Choose 1 project or 2 Codecademy lessons
Block out all distractions. This means:
- Social media
- Email notifications
Find a quiet space to work in for the duration of the 45-minute session.
Because some of our members have consistently been having trouble with sharing their camera and audio in Bevy, as well as hearing the rest of us speak, we will now host through Google Meets. You can join on the day of the event here: