This 60 minute session is a structured, uninterrupted focus time that allows you to maximize your study time to reach your coding goals. At the end, if you feel comfortable with your work, share it with the group to receive help and/or feedback.
How a session works:
- Join the event five minutes before the start time.
- Introductions – meet your peers and briefly describe what you're working on this week
- Focus time – this is individual focus time
- Feedback - share what you've worked on during the session to receive help and/or feedback
- Wrap up and say goodbye
Tips for a productive session:
Come prepared to the session with what you’ll be working on. You'll get the chance to share it with the group!
- Examples: Choose 1 project or 2 Codecademy lessons
Block out all distractions. This means:
- Social media
- Email notifications
Find a quiet space to work in for the duration of the 45-minute session.
This event is hosted via Bevy Virtual, which is similar to other online meeting platforms like Zoom or Google Meet. Once you RSVP, you will receive an invitation link in your email that lets you join the live event when it starts. I will be using my camera and mic, and you are welcome to join me. Of course, I understand if you prefer to keep your video or mic (or both) off and just participate in the live chat. That's fine too!
About "Become a featured attendee"
Once you RSVP you will be prompted with a screen inviting you to "Become a featured attendee". You do NOT need to submit this form in order to attend the event. This is some special Bevy functionality and can be safely ignored.