1. import dataset
2. look over dataset
3. scope out dataset
4. store dataset via Python variables
5. build out functions that perform the desired analysis, build classes containing methods for analysis
I will share a preview of the data and some of my thoughts and preliminary findings during the meet-up but look forward to making this a collaborative effort. I will share the dataset as a Jupyter notebook in VS Code - if you would like to do the same, do check out the tutorial on how to use Jupyter notebooks in VS Code right here - super helpful!
Here's the scoping framework:
- What is the problem? Who does it impact and how much? How is it being solved today and what are some of the gaps?
- What are the goals of the project? How will we know if our project is successful?
- What actions or interventions will this work inform?
- What data do you have access to internally? What data do you need?
>> We will use the Adult Depression dataset linked above as a starting point but remain open to incorporating additional sources
- What can you augment from external and/or public sources?
- What analysis needs to be done? Does it involve description, detection, prediction, or behavior change? How will the analysis be validated?
Ethical Considerations: What are the privacy, transparency, discrimination/equity, and accountability issues around this project and how will you tackle them?
Additional Considerations: How will you deploy your analysis as a new system so that it can be updated and integrated into the organization’s operations? How will you evaluate the new system in the field to make sure it accomplishes your goals? How will you monitor your system to make sure it continues to perform well over time?
See you there!
❓ How much is this meetup? This is a free meetup hosted by a fellow learner.
❓ Do I have to be a PRO member to participate? You don't have to have a PRO account but you will need a free Codecademy account so you can log on to the meetup.
❓ What if I'm late? You can join after the event has started. No stress. You can also check in a few minutes early for a chat with me and your fellow learners. 🙋♀️
❓ Do I have to actively be involved? You can participate and keep your camera and mic off or on - completely up to you. Just watching is fine too.
❓ Will this meet-up be recorded? No, I will not be recording this time around.
❓ I would like to share my thoughts and suggestions with you but I don't need a response. Share away via this feedback form!
❓ I still have questions and I need you to respond! Any questions, get in touch via the Contact Us form below 👇 or via Codecademy's Seoul chapter page.