Are you learning to Code with Codecademy and wondering where you can go to practice your programming skills while having a ton of fun? We are collaborating with dotbigbang to bring you exactly that! Currently on a public alpha release it allows you to create games for you and your friends online in seconds!
Some of the things you can do with dotbigbang during alpha:
- Create Games — Use our game editor to make your own games, use your own objects, or objects other people have made. Change the mood with lighting and filter effects. Use our Template Toys to bring your game to life.
- Create Objects — Make your own voxel objects using our object editor and use them in your games.
- Characters — Make your own game character by equipping objects in the character creator.
- Behaviors — Bring your objects to life by adding behaviors!
- Multiplayer Editing — Edit your games in multiplayer with a group of buddies just by sharing a link.
- Scripting — Create your own behaviours live using TypeScript. Instant updates and no build times!
At Codecademy, we are committed to empowering all people, regardless of where they are in their coding journeys, to continue to learn, grow, and impact the world around them. By participating in our event, you agree to the following:
Be Respectful: Harassment, bullying, or threatening will not be tolerated. We welcome learners of all backgrounds here, and we ask that you respect each others’ viewpoints and assume positive intent.
Be Authentic: While you are not required to provide your name and are always welcome to go by a username, please refrain from misrepresenting yourself in the community in a misleading way.
Adhere to the Law: Please only share your code (if relevant to the event) or content unless you are crediting the original author or source. Do not share code that infringes on others’ intellectual property. Do not share harmful code or anything that violates local, state, federal, or international laws.