We will provide you with a link to the challenge at the beginning of the event. You will need to register for a free account.
There is an IDE on the site, so all you need to participate is internet access!
The challenge IDE also supports:
- Python 3
This will be a casual event where we all work on the challenge simultaneously and non-competitively. You can hop on your mic or post in the chat to ask questions to Nicole and fellow challenge participants.
- Is this event free? Yes!
- I don't have much experience, can I still participate? Yes! All experience levels are welcome.
- Is it ok to join the event late? Yes! You can join the event up to 30 minutes after it begins. You may also join a few minutes early if you wish.
- Do I need to be a Codecademy member to attend this event? No! The challenge will be hosted on a different website that will be provided to you. However, you will need to register an email on the challenge site.
- When I RSVP, it shows me a "featured attendee" form, do I need to fill that out? Nope, you can skip that part.
In the mean time, we'd love to see you in our discord channel!
- Join the Codecademy server at https://discord.com/invite/codecademy
- In the #chapters channel, find the North American chapters post--it's the first post in the channel
- React with a car emoji to join the #detroit channel
- Scroll down your list of channels--we might be near the bottom
After our last event, attendees hopped on discord to wrap up work and give us feedback on the event.